Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hello followers, hope all has been well!  This past weekend My best friend Fred Douglas and her husband Jack along with my kids Evan, Michelle and myself all went hiking up in the Shenandoah Valley.  Did an 8 mile hike on the Hoover campsite trial.  It was a beautiful day for a hike and it was yet another great trail of streams, falls, overlooks and wildlife.  1200ft climb but lots of great p,aces to shop and take pictures and rest breaks!  saw several deer on the trail and they didn't seem to frighten of visitors.  On Sunday the 4th we started out early around 9:45am we started out on the Rose River trail, however this hike proved to be much more adventurous!  About 300yds into our hike we encountered a black bear and not a very happy one!  Evan and Jack spotted him first and when Evan said bear I spun around a little too quick and I guess startled the bear and he lunged at me and growled, snorted and stomped his paw!  We started each other down for about 20 seconds because I was to scared to look away and everyone else told me to not move!  My legs were shacking so bad my knees were knocking together!  Then he slowly moved away went over and checked Fred out for a few seconds and then crossed the trail about 10 feet in front of Fred!  The good Man upstairs was watching over was this day. later on the trail while taking photos on the bridge crossing over the falls we look over to view to beautiful scenery and what do we see not one but two rattlesnakes sunning themselves on the rocks the below!  Over all we hiked about 12.5 miles over the weekend with, deer, turkeys, rattlesnakes and bear!  Adventures of the sole hikers INDEED!!!!  Sorry no bear photos, but we have witnesses!




























No comments:

Post a Comment